The last dessert on the menu for Thanksgiving was mini pumpkin pies, which paired well with the mini apple pies! It gave everyone a chance to try a little bit of everything. These did not disappoint, and there was plenty for everyone. Add a little whipped cream on top and these pies will win over anyone with a sweet tooth!
Mini Pumpkin Pies
yield: 24 mini pies
2 refrigerated ready to roll pie crusts (or your own homemade pie crust)
8 oz cream cheese, ROOM TEMPERATURE
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Use cookie cutter (I used top of mini mason jar) to cut 12 circles from each pie crust. (You can roll dough to become thinner prior to cutting).
3. Press dough shapes in a 24 cup mini muffin tray (make 12 at a time, alternating cups to make sure pie crusts don’t overlap).
4. Brush egg whites from one egg to the top edges of each pie.
5. Mix cream cheese, sugar, canned pumpkin, remaining two eggs, vanilla and pumpkin pie spice together until thoroughly combined.
6. Spoon mixture into pie crust.
7. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until crust is lightly golden.
8. Remove pies to cool and repeat with second pie crust. (Keep refrigerated if not serving right away).
9. Serve with whipped cream on top or decorate with melted chocolate!