I didn’t have too much time to prepare the appetizers, but I knew I wanted to make a few so I picked the easiest ones, to be quite honest. My boyfriend and I were participating in a 5K on Thanksgiving morning and when I got home my mom told me I’d be able to use the kitchen to make the appetizers when she was done with the main course. These Veggies in Baguettes ended up being the perfect center piece for each individual’s appetizer plate, and it was a unique way to serve veggies and dip – not only can you eat the veggies and the dip, but you can also eat the ‘bowl!’
Spinach Dip with Veggies in Baguettes
Spinach dip (I used the dip that was pre-made)
Baguette (I used multigrain, fresh out of the oven at the store)
Veggie Sticks (Carrots, Celery, Cucumbers)
1. Place baguette on a cutting surface and cut the rounded ends off. Line up two veggie sticks next to the baguette and cut, repeat process until baguette is cut into pieces.
2. Take the cut pieces and cut each one diagonally, once.
3. With your hands push the inside of the baguette down, making a circle for the dip to be poured into. Repeat with each piece.
4. Place the baguette pieces into the oven to toast for a few minutes.
5. Take out of the oven, and once cool, add the dip to the inside of each baguette. Take 4-6 veggie sticks and place in the dip.
Source: So, How’s It Taste?