Ever hear of healthy chocolate cake? Nope neither have I, at least not before the Tone It Up recipe by trainers Katrina and Karena was posted the other day. I made it the other day and it was absolutely delicious, and it’s great in moderation. Even though it’s healthy, I definitely wouldn’t suggest sitting there and eating the entire cake, but one piece every few nights is great for your sweet tooth!
Perfect Fit Chocolate Cake
yield: 6-8 servings (depending on how big the slices are)
1/3 cup coconut oil
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/3 cup Perfect Fit Protein
1/3 cup Maple Syrup
1/2 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup cocoa powder (I used dark chocolate)
1/3 cup of strong cooled coffee or 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk (I used vanilla almond milk)
dark chocolate chips (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix all wet ingredients – including banana – together and set aside.
3. Mix dry ingredients in a separate bowl and slowly combine into the wet ingredients, making sure to incorporate fully until adding more. Mix carefully, but don’t over-mix.
4. Pour into a sprayed baking loaf and drizzle about a tablespoon of maple syrup on top. I added dark chocolate chips on top before baking, as well.
5. Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center.
6. Sprinkle with Perfect Fit Protein, share with your friends and enjoy!
Source: Tone It Up