I was attending a dinner party on Sunday night and wanted to make brownies. I originally wanted to make healthy brownies, you know with protein powder and fresh ingredients, but I didn’t have a lot of protein powder left, and I was feeling selfish. So I decided to make the opposite of healthy brownies – Nutella Cream Cheese Swirl Brownies – can’t get anymore decadent and sinfully delicious, now can they? Needless to say everyone enjoyed them.
Nutella Cream Cheese Swirl Brownies
for Cream Cheese Topping:
5 oz. cream cheese
2 Tbs. softened butter
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 Tbs. flour
1/4 cup nutella
for Brownie Batter:
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup Hershey’s Special Dark Cocoa
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 stick softened butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 large eggs
1. Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Grease 8X8 pan with cooking spray.
2. Make the cream cheese topping – cream together butter, sugar, and flour. Add cream cheese and mix until smooth. Scrape bowl, add egg, and beat until topping is smooth. Scrape bowl once more before adding the nutella and mixing for one minute, or until nutella is mixed in completely. Set aside.
3. Make the brownie mix – sift flour, cocoa, salt, and baking powder in a medium sized bowl. In a small bowl, cream sugar and 1/2 stick of butter, add eggs one at a time, beat well and then add vanilla. Fold egg, sugar, butter, and vanilla mixture, into the bowl of dry ingredients.
4. Spread 3/4 of the brownie batter into the 8X8 pan.
5. Randomly dallop the cream cheese topping over the brownie batter, and repeat with the remaining brownie batter. Swirl with the tip of a knife.
6. Bake at 350F degrees for 40-50 minutes.
Source: Lovin’ From the Oven