My mom picked up Flatout wraps at the store the other day. They’re extremely healthy wraps (not only low in fat, but a great source of fiber), and they make great pizzas! We found a bunch of their recipes on their website, and decided to give it a try one night, because we wanted something light – boy, did this hit the spot! We didn’t feel full afterwards, you know the kind of full when you just want to lay on the couch all night? Nope, we felt content, and that was a great feeling, especially after dinner.
Arugula Mushroom Flatout Thin Crust Pizza
yield: 1 pizza (serves 2, but I ate one by myself)
1 Flatout Light Flatbread
1/2 cup fresh, sliced and steamed mushrooms – shiitake, button, or portabella
2 Tbs. onion, sliced
6 grape tomatoes
1 Tbs olive oil
1 1/2 tsp fat free balsamic vinegar
Freshly grounded pepper to taste
1/2 cup baby arugula
1 Tbs. freshly grated parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven 350F degrees. While it heats, toss mushrooms, onions, and grape tomatoes with olive oil; season to taste with freshley grounded pepper.
2. Saute vegetables 6-8 minutes.
3. Lightly oil both sides of Flatout – cook directly on grate in oven for 7 minutes.
4. Remove, top with arugula, sauteed vegetables, parmesan cheese, and drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
5. Cut into slices and enjoy. You can even throw chicken or steak on top for an extra special dinner!
Nutrition: 141 calories – 7 g protein – 13 g carbs – 6 g fiber – 9 g fat
Source: Flatout Recipe