I’m living a healthier lifestyle, but that doesn’t mean my obsessions can’t be sweet! I found this awesome recipe for pumpkin spice granola, and immediately ran out to Whole Foods to get the ingredients! It was so simple to make, and definitely perfect for the Fall! I put it over vanilla greek yogurt for a delicious breakfast in the morning!
Pumpkin Spice Granola
2 cups oats
1 cup sliced almonds
1/2 cup safflower oil
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
1 TBS pumpkin pie spice
1 TBS cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 250F degrees.
2. Mix all of the ingredients into a mixing bowl.
3. Spread mixture evenly on to a baking sheet, so a thin layer is covering the entire sheet.
4. Bake for 45 minutes. Each 15 minutes, stir the mixture on the baking sheet so it browns evenly. If the mixture looks brown and the seeds are soft at 45 minutes, take it out.
5. Pour the mixture into a bowl to cool – it will cool in a big chunk, so you can break it apart for pumpkin oat clusters!
6. Add to your favorite greek yogurt, or pour some milk over them!
Source: A Doctor in the House