I haven’t been able to cook in awhile because I’ve been interning at a local hospital. I graduate in May, so I plan on having a lot of time to cook and bake! One night when I got home after a long day of interning, I felt like making something for dinner, just to relieve any stress that the day brought. I already had most of the ingredients at home, like you all should, so it was only a quick trip to the supermarket.
Orzo with Chicken and Lemon
yield: 2-3 servings
juice of one lemon
8 chicken tenderloins
1/2 cups orzo
1/2 cup low fat sour cream
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1 clove garlic
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
zest of one half lemon
1/2 pint grape tomatoes cut in half
5-8 basil leaves, chiffonade
1. Zest lemon with a zester and set aside.
2. In a small bowl, squeeze the lemon juice over the chicken and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Let it sit for 20 minutes. Heat a pan on medium high-heat, and cook chicken until done. Remove and cover with foil.
3. Bring a pan of water to boil and cook Orzo according to package directions.
4. In a medium sized bowl, mix together sour cream, Parmesan, garlic, olive oil, salt, and lemon zest.
5. When the Orzo is cooked, drain and put in a large bowl – add the sour cream mixture, tomatoes, and basil.
6. Cut the chicken breasts into strips and place on top of the orzo. Enjoy!
Source: Cooking Healthy for Me