I decided one night that I wanted to make banana bread because the bananas we had were going bad, and I didn’t want them to go to waste. The recipe ended up making two because of the pan I had, so I kept one for home, and brought the other one to my internship at the children’s hospital. Everyone loved it and asked for the recipe, which I brought in the next day. It was so moist, and without a doubt the best banana bread I’ve ever had.
yield: 1 loaf
3 or 4 ripe bananas, smashed
1/3 cup melted butter
1 cup sugar (can easily reduce to 3/4 cup)
1 egg, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of salt
1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
2. With a wooden spoon, mix butter into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl [or use Kitchenaid Mixer].
3. Mix in the sugar, egg, and vanilla. Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix in.
4. Add the flour last, mix.
5. Pour mixture into a buttered 4×8 inch loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour.
6. Cool on a rack. Remove from pan and slice to serve.
Source: Simply Recipes