I found this idea on Pinterest, where else?! I planned on making them for my brother, before he left to go back to college, but Christmas seemed like a better time, and good thing too, because little did I know, he would be leaving a week after Christmas to take a winter class back in Pennsylvania. They’re quite simple, and the recipe makes ALOT.
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter, slightly softened
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups [Family Size Bag]
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Sift flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl with a wire whisk, and set aside.
3. Beat butter and peanut butter in the mixing bowl of a Kitchen-aid mixer, or a bowl with a beater.
4. Add sugar and beat until fluffy. Then add the egg and vanilla.
5. Add flour mixture and combine.
6. Roll dough into 1 to 1/2 inch balls and then roll the balls in sugar to coat.
7. Press rolled balls into the cavities of a mini muffin tray [can place mini cupcake liners in prior].
8. Place an unwrapped Reese’s peanut butter cup into each.
9. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove & let cool.
*Note: You may want to place these in the refrigerator so that they’re not as soft; my brother said they were definitely better the following day