I bought a cakelet pan from Walmart a couple of weeks ago and I’ve been dying to find a recipe to make these gorgeous mini cakes. I noticed there was a recipe on the back of the label and quickly got to changing it to fit my own personal needs. I never like to throw things out in the house, and therefore, when I saw bananas that were on their way out, I quickly pureed them for my dessert… or breakfast if you will.
for the Cake:
1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
2 cups sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp ground cinnamon
3 bananas, pureed
for the Topping:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour the pan.
2. In a large bowl, beat together eggs, oil, sugar, and vanilla extract. Mix in flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Stir in banana puree.
3. Pour half of batter into prepared pan. Bake for 18-22 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
4. Cool for ten minutes in pan and place cakes onto cooling rack.
5. Repeat procedure with remaining batter, after washing and preparing the pan again.
6. Sprinkle powdered sugar on top, or put cream cheese frosting to enjoy for dessert. Slice in half, and put butter on both sides to enjoy for breakfast!
Adapted from: Nordic Ware [brand of pan]