I had about two apples left over from the Apple Fritters I made, so I looked online for some recipes that used apples. Sure I found all different recipes for pies, cupcakes, and other tasty treats, but I settled on the Apple Cinnamon Snickerdoodles. I mean Cinnamon and Apples are already amazing, but in a cookie? Can’t get much better than that!
Apple Cinnamon Snickerdoodles
yield: 30-40 cookies
for the Cookies:
8 Tbsp. (1 stick) unsalted butter
2/3 cup brown sugar
2/3 cup white granulated sugar
2 cup all-purpose flour
2 Tbsp. cornstarch
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. nutmeg
1 small apple, shredded (any kind)
for the Cinnamon Mixture:
1/2 cup sugar
3 Tbsp. ground cinnamon
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F. Prepare a greased or parchment lined cookie sheet.
2. With a mixer, cream butter on medium-high speed until soft and smooth.
3. Add both sugars to the creamed butter and mix until fully incorporated. With the mixer on medium-high speed, add the egg to the mixture and beat until the batter looks uniform.
4. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, salt and nutmeg. Gently fold into the batter until just combined. Fold in shredded apples.
5. Form balls of dough and roll them around in the cinnamon sugar mixture. Place the dough balls on the cookie sheet, about 3 inches apart. Use your fingers to press and flatten the dough slightly.
6. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the cookies are light golden brown. They should be soft and chewy. Remove cookies from sheet and cool on a wire rack.
7. Enjoy warm or room temp.!
Source: The Comfort of Cooking