I’m always on the search for recipes in which I can use what I already have in the house. I used to find recipes and go out and buy each ingredient, but that became costly, so I wanted to think of a cheaper way to make fabulous meals. I knew we had flounder [in the freezer] so I began there. I then knew we had pasta, since we ate all the fresh vegetables, which would’ve been an obvious side. I ended up finding the perfect recipe, that tasted delicious, a little sweet on my part, but delicious nonetheless.
Baked Flounder with Lemon-Garlic Butter Sauce
yield: 3 servings [could use more fillets to equal more servings]
2 pounds Flounder [I used three fillets, but you definitely could use more]
4 tablespoons butter, melted
1/4 cup white wine
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 cloves garlic, minced [or 1 teaspoon minced garlic from jar]
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped [or 1 tablespoon parsley from jar]
Salt and black pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Meanwhile, combine melted butter, white wine, lemon juice, garlic, and chopped parsley in a bowl and mix together. Set aside.
3. Cover a large baking pan with aluminum foil. Then spray the foil with non-stick cooking spray. Place flounder filets in the baking pan. Make sure to keep the evenly space out the flounder filets to keep them from touching each other.
4. Season flounder with salt and black pepper. Then pour lemon-garlic butter mixture over top of the flounder.
5. Place the baking pan with the flounder in the oven once it’s reached the desired 375 degrees F temperature. Bake for up to 10 minutes, or until fish flakes. Keep an eye on the flounder to avoid overcooking it.
6. Remove flounder from oven and place on a serving dish. Enjoy this Baked Flounder with Lemon-Garlic Butter Sauce and a glass of white wine!