My brother has been coming home from college each weekend because he’s been training to become a pharmacy tech, it’s pretty amazing if you ask me. Unfortunately, I’ve had plans each weekend and haven’t been home, between camping, a conference in Philly, and a wedding. This weekend I finally got to see him! Yesterday, my dad, brother, boyfriend and I went to the Intrepid Air and Space Museum for free Museum day! Afterwards we came back and the boys ended up playing video games – flying ones in particular. I thought what better time than to make my brother something good to snack on! He loves jalapeños so when I saw this recipe, I thought it was perfect! Everyone enjoyed the kick that the jalapeños had and the savory cheese that added to the perfection!
Jalapeño Cheese Dip
yield: 4 servings [definitely make more if it’s for a party!]
1 tbsp unsalted butter
1 tbsp flour
3/4 cup milk
1 clove garlic, finely grated or minced
1 jalapeno pepper, finely minced
1 cup Colby Jack cheese
1/2 -1 tsp cayenne pepper
1. In a small sauce pan, melt butter over medium heat.
2. Add flour and whisk to combine, cooking about one minute until smooth. Add milk, whisking to incorporate.
3. Add garlic and jalapeno. Switch to a wooden spoon and stir frequently until thickened, about 15 minutes. The sauce should begin to coat the back of the spoon.
4. Remove from heat and stir in cheese.
5. Add cayenne pepper to taste.