Stuck inside during a storm, with limited groceries, aside from what I picked up last minute at ShopRite & A&P in the mad rush and chaos, what else is there to do? Of course I finished up all of the important things first, including my last internship applications and will be sending them out tomorrow morning. Other than that I’ve just been relaxing and enjoying the company of my parents. I began looking online for easy cookie recipes, that included a minimal amount of ingredients. I discovered a recipe for peanut butter cookies with only FOUR ingredients. I couldn’t believe it and when I tasted it, I was in heaven – how could something be so good, with four ingredients?!
Peanut Butter Cookies
yield: apx. 2 dozen cookies
1 cup all-natural chunky or smooth peanut butter
1 cup sugar (1/2 cup brown sugar and 1/2 cup granulated sugar)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease baking sheet with butter and set aside.
2. In a mixer combine peanut butter and sugars until well combined, about 2 minutes.
3. Add egg and baking soda and mix for another 2 minutes.
4. Roll into walnut sized balls and create a cris-cross pattern with a fork.
5. Bake for 10 minutes, until lightly browned. Cool on a baking sheet for two minutes, then enjoy!
Source: Joy the Baker