I wanted to bake something the other night, and I didn’t want to have to run out to the store to buy anything, so began my search for a delicious dessert. I came across several cookie recipes, but each included an ingredient I just didn’t have. So I changed it up and looked for brownies. I then found the perfect recipe, and supposedly “the best.”
yield: 12-16 brownies
1/2 cup butter
1-1/4 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9-inch square pan.
2. Melt 1/2 cup butter. Remove from heat and stir in sugar, eggs and 1 teaspoon vanilla.
3. Gently stir in 1/3 cup cocoa, 1/2 cup flour, salt and baking powder.
4. Spread batter into prepared pan.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 28-30 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes before cutting.