I usually make cinnamon sugar toast in the mornings for breakfast, and it’s delicious. Just a slice or two of your favorite bread, toasted, butter and cinnamon sugar to top it off. If I’m feeling hungry for a snack I usually have it at that time too. I never thought about making anything else with the cinnamon sugar, until I saw this recipe for Cinnamon Sugar Pretzel bites. Perfect for a light snack, and definitely delicious.
Cinnamon Sugar Pretzel Bites
yield: 10 servings
1 package of active dry yeast
2 T sugar
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 cup warm water
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup bread flour
4 T melted butter
5 T sugar mixed with 1 tsp cinnamon
1. In mixing bowl add dry yeast, water, and sugar. Let sit for ten minutes.
2. Mix in flour and knead for about 8 minutes.
3. Grease bowl and place dough back in bowl. Let rise for one hour.
4. Separate dough into about 10 – 12 pieces. Roll into long ropes about 1/3 inch thick. Cut into 1 1/2 inch length pieces.
5. Place on a parchment paper covered cookie sheet and let rise for 20 minutes.
6. Bake at 450 degrees for about 8 minutes.
7. Place on cooling rack and brush with melted butter or dip in butter. Cover pretzel bites with cinnamon and sugar mixture. Serve warm.
Source: Zakka Life