I have to admit, this might have been my favorite chicken dish I’ve ever made. It was not only delicious, but it’s also… healthy! SHH ! Don’t tell anyone! The combination of the chicken, spinach, ricotta, and mozzarella cheese is to die for, but I’ll let you be the judge.
Chicken Rollatini with Spinach Alla Parmigiana
8 thin chicken cutlets, 3 oz each [I used as many as the pan could fit]
1/2 cup whole wheat Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
6 tablespoons egg whites or egg beaters
5 oz frozen spinach, squeezed dry of any liquid
6 tbsp part skim ricotta cheese
6 oz part skim mozzarella (I used ShopRite)
olive oil non-stick spray
1 cup of your favorite marinara sauce
salt and pepper to taste
1. Wash and dry cutlets, season with salt and pepper. Preheat oven to 450°. Lightly spray a baking dish with non-stick spray.
3. Shred or finely chop 1.5 oz of mozzarella cheese and combine with remaining grated cheese, spinach (make sure you squeeze it dry), 2 tbsp egg beaters, and ricotta cheese.
4. Lay chicken cutlets down on a working surface and spread 2 tbsp of spinach-cheese mixture on each cutlet. Loosely roll each one and keep seam side down.
6. Bake 25 minutes. Remove from oven, top with sauce then cheese.
7. Bake until cheese is melted and bubbling, about 3 more minutes. Serve with additional sauce on the side and grated cheese.
Source: Skinny Taste