To figure out what I’m making for dinner, I usually look at the main part of the meal, say chicken, beef, turkey, etc. Then after looking up recipes, I usually buy or already have the other ingredients because I planned ahead. So when I came across the Chicken Caesar Sandwich recipe, I knew it was perfect for dinner! Especially when paired with pasta salad, but more about that in a later post.
Chicken Caesar Sandwiches
2 chicken breasts (whole or boneless, skinless)
Freshly ground black pepper
1 large clove garlic, chopped
2 tbsp. fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
1-1½ tsp. anchovy paste
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
1½ tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
½ cup mayonnaise
1 long loaf ciabatta bread, or 4 ciabatta sandwich rolls
Romaine lettuce leaves, washed and dried (or baby spinach or arugula)
Shaved Parmesan cheese
Sliced bacon, cooked until partly crisp
1. Preheat the oven to 350˚ F.
2. Lightly rub the chicken breasts with olive oil and season with kosher salt and pepper. Roast for 30-40 minutes, until cooked through. Let rest 10 minutes, then slice thickly. Set aside.
3. To make the Caesar dressing, combine the garlic and parsley in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until finely minced, scraping down the sides as needed. Add the anchovy paste, mustard, lemon juice and mayonnaise. Process until smooth and well blended. Adjust seasonings to taste if necessary. Refrigerate the dressing if not using right away.
4. Slice the bread in half horizontally. Toast if desired. Spread both cut sides of the bread lightly with the Caesar dressing.
5. Layer the bottom half of the bread with the romaine leaves, then top with shaved Parmesan, cooked bacon slices, and sliced chicken. Top with additional romaine if desired.
6. Place the top half of the bread on top, enclosing the sandwich fillings. Serve immediately.
Source: Annie’s Eats