Aside from the deviled eggs, I also made the salad that I posted here for the appetizers. As for dinner, my mother made the ham with a glaze that my grandmother used to use. I made lasagna, roasted asparagus with almonds, mashed potatoes, and rolls. I will be posting all of these recipes, aside from the mashed potatoes, on my blog. So keep checking back!
I made the lasagna on Saturday, the day before Easter, so I would just have to pop it in the oven the next day. It came out so rich in flavor, and definitely put all our stomachs over the edge. It was so filling, I could only eat one piece.
12 lasagna noodles [I used a whole box, just in case a few broke]
1 lb. Italian sausage
2/3 cup onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
2/3 cup minced flat-leaf parsley, divided
3 (6 oz.) cans tomato paste
15 oz. tomato sauce
2 cups water
1½ tsp. Italian seasoning
1½ tsp. basil
1½ tsp. oregano
15 oz. part-skim ricotta cheese
10 oz. frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
3 large eggs
2 tsp. garlic salt
¼ tsp. pepper
3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Cook the lasagna noodles according to the package directions, until al dente. Drain and set aside, flat. [I laid them down on a baking sheet].
2. In the meantime, in a very large skillet or saucepan (12-14 inches), crumble the Italian sausage and cook over medium-high heat until it just begins to brown.
3. Add the onion, garlic and 1/3 cup of the parsley to the pan and continue cooking until the sausage is completely browned and cooked through.
4. Mix in the tomato paste, tomato sauce, water, Italian seasoning, basil and oregano.
5. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 5 minutes.
6. In a mixing bowl, combine the remaining parsley, ricotta, spinach, Parmesan, eggs, garlic salt, and pepper. Mix well until blended.
7. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
8. Spread 2 cups of sauce in a thin layer on the bottom of a 9 x 13″ baking dish. Layer with 4 lasagna noodles. Top the noodles with half of the cheese-spinach mixture and spread evenly to a thin layer. Top with about a third of the remaining sauce mixture, and sprinkle with 1 cup of the shredded mozzarella.
9. Layer again with 4 more noodles and the remaining cheese-spinach mixture. Spread half of the remaining sauce mixture over the top, and sprinkle with 1 cup of the shredded mozzarella.
10. The final layer will be 4 noodles, the remaining sauce, and a layer of shredded mozzarella.
11. Cover tightly with foil and bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes. Remove the foil and return to the oven for 10 minutes more. Allow to cool 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Source: Annie’s Eats