For the next few posts I will be posting the recipes that I have used for Easter dinner. It was the first time my family stayed home, and I cooked, with the help of my wonderful mother! It was definitely stressful, but I made some things the night before so I could just pop them in the oven, making the process much easier. These deviled eggs, however, were made that day, mostly by my mother.
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon white vinegar
1 teaspoon yellow mustard
1/8 teaspoon salt
Freshly ground black pepper
Smoked Spanish paprika, for garnish
1. Place eggs in a single layer in a saucepan and cover with enough water that there’s 1 1/2 inches of water above the eggs. Heat on high until water begins to boil, then cover, turn the heat to low, and cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat and leave covered for 14 minutes, then rinse under cold water continuously for 1 minute.
2. Crack egg shells and carefully peel under cool running water. Gently dry with paper towels. Slice the eggs in half lengthwise, removing yolks to a medium bowl, and placing the whites on a serving platter.
3. Mash the yolks into a fine crumble using a fork. Add mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper, and mix well.
4. Evenly disperse heaping teaspoons of the yolk mixture into the egg whites.
5. Sprinkle with paprika and serve.
Source: Food Network