My brother’s a huge fan of Jalapeño Poppers. It was Sunday and football was on. My brother would be leaving in a week to go back to school. What better combination than to make a dip for everyone, especially my brother, to enjoy during the big games, that ultimately decided the teams that would be in the Super Bowl. I found a great recipe for Jalapeño Popper Dip; it was easy, and while in the oven, it smelled extremely appetizing. Everyone throughly enjoyed it, but in my opinion, it needs to be warm in order for it to taste good.
Jalapeño Popper Dip
2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup mayonnaise
1 (4 oz.) can chopped green chiles, drained
1 (4 oz.) can diced jalapeño peppers, drained
½ cup shredded Mexican style cheese
½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 375˚ F.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise, green chiles, jalapeños, and shredded cheeses. Mix thoroughly with a spoon or spatula until smooth and evenly combined.
3. Spread the mixture into a baking dish (approximately 9 x 9-inches).
4. In a second bowl, combine the Panko and Parmesan and stir with a fork until combined. Sprinkle over the cream cheese mixture in the baking dish.
5. Spray lightly with cooking spray. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the mixture is hot and the topping is golden.
6. Serve warm with baguette slices, vegetables, etc. as desired.
It was spicy at some points, but other than that it was delicious. I’d say it was pretty good the day after too.
Source: Annie’s Eats