I’m back with a sweet obsession! I apologize for only posting dinners, but I am becoming slightly facinated by all you can make with food, but don’t worry I’m still obsessed with sweets! These chocolate chip cookies are absolutely delightful and so easy to make! I actually never made homemade cookies, and was quite nervous, but they came out so good, everyone was devouring them in no time.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 cups plus 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
½ tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. salt
12 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted and cooled until warm
1 cup brown sugar, packed
½ cup granulated sugar
1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 ½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Adjust oven racks to upper and lower-middle positions. Preheat oven 325°. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. Whisk dry ingredients together in a medium bowl; set aside.
3. With electric mixer, or by hand, mix butter and sugars until thoroughly combined. Beat in egg, yolk, and vanilla until combined.
4. Add dry ingredients and beat at low-speed just until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
5. Roll into balls and place formed dough onto cookie sheet, leaving ample room between each ball. Bake, reversing position of cookie sheets halfway through baking, until cookies are light golden brown and outer edges start to harden yet centers are still soft and puffy (approximately 11-14 minutes). Do not overbake.
6. Cool cookies on sheets until able to lift without breaking. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
7. Enjoy… with milk !
Source: adapted from Annie’s Eats