Another dinner special, don’t worry I’ll be back to baking soon enough. I just can’t get enough of creating something so delicious, something everyone can enjoy. I chose another pasta dish, but this time with shellfish, specifically crab. It was quite the dish, along with caesar salad and garlic bread.
Crab over Thin Spaghetti with Lemon & Basil
yield: 4 servings
1 lb. pasta, such as linguine or spaghetti
1/3 cup olive oil
2 tbsp. butter
6 cloves garlic, minced
½ cup fresh basil, chopped
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
Salt and pepper, to taste
8 oz. fresh crab meat, cooked (or substitute pre-cooked shrimp/prawns)
1 lemon, quartered
1. Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling water until al dente. Drain well; set aside.
2. In a large skillet over medium heat, combine the olive oil and butter, heating until the butter is completely melted.
3. Add the garlic to the pan and cook for 30 seconds, just until fragrant and bubbling. Remove the pan from the heat.
4. Add the drained pasta to the skillet and toss well until the pasta is well coated with the garlic-oil sauce.
5. Add the basil and cherry tomatoes, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Divide the pasta between warmed serving bowls.
6. Top each individual serving with the fresh lump crab meat, about 2 ounces each. Squeeze one quarter of lemon over each serving. Serve immediately
Source: Annie’s Eats