I went to a cooking class with my boyfriend on Thursday, October 21st. It was actually a Creative Crepe class, where we learned how to make crepes. Although I don’t have any pictures of the delicious crepes we made, I do have a recipe! As I make the different crepes in the recipe book I will be sure to add them here!
Basic Crepe Recipe
2 large eggs
2 cups All-purpose flour
1 cup milk
1 cup water
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 teaspoon Run, Grand-Marnier, or Cointreau (optional)
Stand Mixer or blender:
1. Put everything in the bowl fitted with a paddle or a blender.
2. Mix till smooth.
3. Let rest at least 15 minutes – 1 hour.
4. Add more water or milk to reach cream consistency.
1. whisk eggs, milk, vanilla, and optional liquor.
2. Add 1 cup flour – 1/2 cup at a time.
3. Add 1/2 cup water – reaching consistency of a smooth paste.
4. Add remaining 1 cup flour – 1/2 cup at a time.
5. Add remaining water to get the batter the consistency of cream.
6. Let rest at least 15 minutes – 1 hour.
7. Add more water or milk to reach a cream consistency.
*If there are any small lumps in the batter, you can run the batter through a sieve, but it’s not necessary.
** For 7″ Crepes: use a little less than 1/4 cup of batter for crepes; for others use 1/4 cup.
It makes about 20 [7″] crepes.