Banana Caramel Cakes are to die for. I made them the other night for my family and my brother, whom we would be visiting at college the following day. Again this recipe is from the recipe book Cupcakes by Pamela Clark
Sour Cream Banana Cake
6 tablespoons butter, softened
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup self-rising flour
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon allspice
2/3 cup mashed overripe banana
1/3 cup sour cream
3 tablespoons of milk
Filling & Decorations
13 ounce jar caramel sauce
1/2 cup heavy cream, whipped
2 medium bananas (14 ounces), sliced thinly
3 1/2 ounces dark chocolate
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 6 or 12 hold muffin pan with paper baking cups.
2. Beat butter, sugar, and eggs in small bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy.
3. Stir in sifted dry ingredients, banana, sour cream, and milk. Divide mixture among baking cups; smooth surface.
4. Bake large cakes for 25 minutes, and small cakes for 20 minutes. Take out & cool.
5. Remove baking cups from cakes.
6. Fold 3 tablespoons of caramel into cream.
7. Cut cakes horizontally into three slices. Re assemble cakes with remaining caramel and banana. Top with caramel- flavored cream.
8. Grate chocolate with vegetable peeler and sprinkle over cakes.
9. ENJOY :]
My parents have said they’re amazing & you don’t even need milk, because they’re so moist! My brother and his roommate love them and said they’re amazing, as well. Sal’s parents said they were very good too. In my opinion, they’re delicious! I would definitely make them again, for a party or for myself :]