When my boyfriend’s dog had to be put down, I wanted to bake him something to cheer him up. Isn’t it funny how I’m now a health advocate, and try not to bake anymore? Anyways, I looked online for simple recipes, and found the perfect one – Cupcakes for Two. A recipe for two cupcakes! They are delicious though, you have been warned.
Cupcakes for Two
for the Cupcakes:
1 egg white
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup flour
1/4 heaping teaspoon of baking powder
pinch of salt
1 1/2 tablespoons milk
for the Frosting:
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, softened
1-1 1/2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
2-3 teaspoons water
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin pan with 2 liners.
2. In a bowl, add egg white and sugar and whisk until combined. Add in vanilla and melted butter and stir until mixed. Add flour, baking powder and salt and stir until smooth. Stir in milk.
3. Divide batter equally between the 2 cupcake liners.
4. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes, or until cake is set. Let cool completely, and then frost!
5. To frost – mix all of the ingredients in a stand up mixing bowl. Put frosting into a bag and create!
Source: How Sweet It Is